Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I feel back in swing with the BDS book and I'm definitely getting back on track with the things I initially accomplished then let slide. For example, I didn't snack while eating dinner last night. I enjoyed my dinner much more because of this. I've also been trying to get better about eating my lunch later in the afternoon so I'm really hungry for it and appreciate it more. My one downfall is baking. I love baking, but I can't keep eating the baked goods I make if I still want to lose a bit more weight. My big goal here is to learn to bake delicious and healthy treats and eat small amounts of them.

I've been sick the past few days so I haven't been able to exercise. I'm going to give myself this entire weekend to recoup then I want to get back to where I was with exercise before I got sick, meaning pilates 3 times a week, spinning 3 times a week, and as much sponataneous or less-intense exercise as I can squeeze in with my limited free time and while also giving myself a solid day off from exercising. I've noticed I don't sleep as well when I'm not exercising regularly. I'm looking forward to exercising again so I can get back to sleeping better.


Food log:

Dinner last night: soooo good. Roasted poblano peppers filled with taco seasoned red bean mush with some FYH soy chedder, brown rice pilaf, avocado, cilantro tofu cream (from this website: http://www.veganchef.com/) and steamed broccoli. This was a totally thrown together last minute dinner and it was so delicious. Nick bought the poblano peppers with not much of an idea of what to do with them, and we just threw the beans I made in them, and it was better than any chili rellenos I've ever had.
Dessert: peanut butter molasses oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and vegan m&m things, a very liberal variation of the peanut butter oatmeal cookies from Vegan with a Vengeance. I had no brown sugar so I used molasses. I subbed whole wheat flour for regular and added some extra oat bran and wheat germ for extra healthiness to make up for the fact that these are so not healthy. I ate 1 1/2 (they were huge, I could have just had 1 and been satisfied) with a little bit of soy milk.
Breakfast: 2 mini crustless tofu quiches, 2 strawberry jalapeno corn muffins and a cup of tea.

Snack: one slice of leftover pizza from the other day and a cookie.

Lunch: leftover rice and beans with cilantro tofu cream and steamed broccoli with one cookie for dessert.

Dinner: no plans yet, but hopefully something light like a big salad.

And finally, Brisco looking cute sitting high atop my roommate's matress turned on it's side against the wall.

No comments: