Friday, May 25, 2007

I haven't been posting because I haven't uploaded any food pictures and a blog is just so much more exciting with food pictures. But I will list now and then picture later.

Food log:

I forgot what I ate during the day on Wednesday!

Wednesday dinner: I went out of control! I was feeling mildly sick and tired and stressed out, so I decided to treat myself to some take out and watch a movie. I went to a Thai place near my house and got crispy vegetarian duck with tamarind sauce and veggies, tom kha coconut soup and crispy spring rolls. It was enough food for two and I ate most of it. I eventually just threw away the few scraps left so I wouldn't eat anymore. Then I had a homemade ice cream sandwich and a bunch of Newmans-Os. At this point I felt sick and was able to stop. I don't know what happened or even what I was thinking. It was very mindless. But the movie I watched was really good! Delicatessen, a french film, that I highly recommend.

Thursday breakfast: my new favorite breakfast is plain soy yogurt with toasted wheat germ and molasses. I had two organic kiwis on the side.

Snack: tamari almonds.

Lunch: tempeh bacon BLT with jalapeno mayo on a sprouted grain tortilla with chopped tomato and baby carrots on the side.

Snack: peanuts in the shell. This is a good snack because it takes a long time to eat.

Dinner: breaded and baked miso tofu, a healthy version of this recipe: http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=284 with mashed potatoes and turnips with a mushroom-chickpea gravy, spicy kale and beets, asparagus and a mini muffin of zucchini bread from How it all Vegan. For dessert I had some peanut butter chocolate tofu mousse sweetened with maple syrup.

Breakfast today: two mini zucchini muffins (they've good with very minimal sweetness, sweetened with splenda anyway) and this new brand of plain soy yogurt that is really really good! It's called Wild Wood and it is totally unsweetened, unlike other brands of plain soy yogurt. I had some wheat germ and cinnamon stewed rhubarb thrown in.

Lunch coming up: leftovers of tofu, kale and beets and mashed root veggies with some pb and choco mousse for dessert.

Snack: steamed asparagus. It's local! It'll make a good snack on my bus ride to Boston.

I'm debating getting something from a health food place near work to eat on the bus or just trying to stick it out until I get to Boston. If I get food for the bus, I'm much more likely to eat it before I'm really hungry for it, but if I try to hold out I'm much more likely to pig out once I get to Boston. I'm leaning towards buying food first, but not sure yet. I'll let the day unfold first.

No comments: