Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm officially back on the BDS wagon. I've been doing my daily readings and even stopping throughout the day to remind myself of what that day is about. I've been good about reading my advantages response card. I have yet to make other response cards, but I have serious intentions to do so. I'm exercising more, but not as much as I want to.

I was going to go to the gym during lunch today but I went to a spin class on Monday then a Wholefoods trip on Tuesday, work ends early today for an office morale boosting karaoke party, and I took tomorrow off. So I decided I just didn't have time to do it and be the type of worker my office expects me to be. I did a spin class last night and pilates this morning so it's not the end of the world. I just hope I'm not justifying not going with any self-fooling thoughts. My roommate is big into taking it slow when getting back into exercise so you don't hurt yourself or stress out your body. I personally don't think this is all that necessary, but it probably also is an okay thing to do. I have big plans to work out outdoors tomorrow during my day off. I want to start jogging once a week so I will be able to work out outside if I even can't get to the gym or just want to be outside.

Food log:

Dinner yesterday: refried bean enchiladas (two were on my plate but I only ate one!), a small salad of black beans, corns, peppers and avocados and another little salad of lettuce mix and salsa and Kate's soy sour cream sauce. For dessert I had the most delicious mini hand pie, about the size of a big-ish ravioli made with whole wheat crust and filled with chocolate, pears and almonds. This dinner really hit the spot.

Breakfast: homemade seitan pepperoni and chicken ham sandwich on multigrain with mustard, fat free vegan mayo, pickles and lettuce mix. Maybe a weird breakfast, but good.

Snack: small salad of lettuce, a bit of avocado, red peppers, onions, black beans, corn and salsa.

Lunch coming up: leftover enchilada with a side of steamed asparagus and Kate's soy sour cream sauce for dipping, then one mini hand pie for dessert.

Dinner: I'm going out to that work karaoke thing. I know dinner snacks are provided there, but a) they probably aren't vegan and b) I shouldn't/don't want to eat it anyway. So I brought a peanut butter, banana, apricot preserves and agave nectar sandwich on multigrain. I think this will hold me over.

No comments: