Tuesday, May 1, 2007

BDS day 11 and 13 cont'd, feeling sick.

Not surprisingly, when I rush through days I feel like I don't absorb them as well. So I decided to continue to focus on yesterday's tasks today.

I'm trying to note how I feel before, during and 20 minutes after snacks. Bringing my lunch makes it easier since I only have a limited amount of food I can eat, but I will try to remember to work on this when eating at home or eating out. I think keeping a log of this for dinner over the next few days could be useful, rather than just focusing on it today when I don't have much of a choice for how much I eat until dinner at home. I also need to do this on weekends since those are the times it is less easy to distract myself when hungry and eating becomes more of a social activity.

I'm need to make up a little index card tonight to specifically address cravings since I know I am so bad with cravings. I meant to do it last night, but I was feeling sick and braindead.

I got myself a daily planner to make sure I do all the things I'm supposed to and say I'm going to do. Now I'm working on actually opening it and checking it a few times a day.

I've been feeling sick and it makes me worried about my diet. I'm eating really healthy, but I think maybe the shock because of the change has got my body off kilter. In the interest of getting over it, I haven't exercised in a few days. I'm really bummed about that. I want to be better now.

Food log:

Dinner last night: homemade veggie burger on sprouted english muffin with ketchup, avocado, soy cheese, jalapenos, red onion and mixed greens. Very satisfying.

Dessert: 1/4 of a Ritter dark chocolate with marzipan bar. It's vegan! And has very normal ingredients, like chocolate liquer and cocoa butter, nothing weird like corn syrup and hydrogenated oils or milkfat.

Breakfast: tempeh sandwich with the usual veggie fixin's plus some good ketchup.

Lunch: whole wheat rotini with broccoli and fresh tomatoes with a sauce made of lima bean-roasted garlic-basil puree mixed with a bit of soymilk. Good, but not great.

Snack: crunchy all natural peanut butter and half a banana on a sprouted grain tortilla.

Planned dinner: navy bean and faux "chicken ham" soup, hopefully with some appropriate veggies thrown in.

I really wish I could calorie count for a day but I feel like it would be too complicated to do with all homemade and somewhat weird foods. It would at least take more effort that I think it's worth, but it'd be interesting.

No comments: