Friday, May 4, 2007

Bad blogger, bad BDSer

I've been surprisingly busy at work and therefore much worse at blogging. I can never get myself to blog at home. The BDS is going along fine but I am having a hard time devoting as much time to it as I'd like. I have been reading my advantages response card a lot less, but I did read it this morning before breakfast like I planned to. This weekend I plan on reading over everything I went through over the past week to make sure I really got it down.

Food log:

Tuesday night: navy bean and veggie soup and a salad with lettuce, raw beets, beet greens, red onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and walnuts with a little balsamic vinaigrette and Braggs on top.

Wednesday morning: one little blueberry corn muffin and an orange.

Wednesday lunch: same thing as dinner the night before.

Wednesday snack: a small vegan raspberry blondie square.

Wednesday dinner: I pigged out on a megasoy burrito from Burritoville. It was fairly healthy with red beans and brown rice and tempeh, but I ate way too much of it. Then I had a full calorie soda! They were out of diet and I should have just had water. I'm disappointed in myself.

Wednesday later: I went out for drinks with a friend for her birthday and restrained myself to only whiskey and diet coke. That was good of me.

Thursday breakfast: mango smoothie with a shot of wheatgrass.

Thursday lunch: nothing! My attempt at a fasting day.

Thursday snack: I caved around 3:30. My breakfast was very low calorie (like 220 calories) and all fruit so not very long-term filling food. I was tired from being out late the night before and miserable. I had some spicy pita chips and a banana, about 300 calories or so total. Totally okay given it was a cave from fasting.

Thursday dinner: so good. Half a veggie burger on half a sprouted grain english muffin with ketchup, avocado, sauteed mushrooms, jalapeƱos and napa cabbage; four soy nuggets tossed in buffalo sauce and dipped in soy sour cream mixed with fresh cracked pepper and racaito; steamed collards, beets and red onions with toasted walnuts. For dessert I had a cookie that Nick made and I elaborate on below. It was a really good, albeit indentity-confused, dinner.

Today breakfast: multi-grain bagel with veggie tofu spread and sun dried tomatoes.

Lunch: lunch out on the company dime. I was good. I had one piece of bread with olive oil and a salad with baby lettuces, cherry tomatoes, pears, asparagus and corn with too much lemon vinaigrette. The dressing was good, it was just too oily and too much. I need to remember to always order dressing on the side.

Snack: carob carrot oatmeal cookies made sweetened with splenda and maple syrup and made with whole flour. As probably as healthy as a cookie can get, but very good.

Dinner: I'm planning on making this http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/05/eggplant-pancakes-florentine.html

1 comment:

Beans said...

Kate

so you fell off teh wagon a bit - but you got back on and that is the important thing. you may need more protein in your breakfsts

send me your veggie burger recipe!

momom