Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Homemade samosas and chutney! Photos soon.

Hopefully by tonight I will be able to upload photos onto my computer and into this blog. Then I'll do one big post of all the delicious foods I took pictures of over the past few weeks. After that I'll try to throw a few food pictures in my posts- this may be a little off-timed since I blog at work and photo at home, but I can work it out as long as no one minds the lag time.

No major BDS news. I'm still trying to find the time to write out my response times. I need to admit that I need to make the time, not just find it. Last night I got out at 6:30, had spinning class from 7:00-7:45, then did strength training and stretching from about 7:45-8:30, home at 9, showered, did some work for my grown up guidance counselor for a while, ate dinner, went to bed. Not a lot of time in there, but I could have figured something out if I tried harder. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, but I promise myself over the next few days.

Food log:

Yesterday snack: beet and salad greens salad was pretty good. I love raw beets. And it kept me sustained throughout spinning class.

Dinner: Nick made homemade baked samosas (half reg flour, half wh0le wheat pastry flour) and homemade onion chutney. Both were soooo good. It was also a really nice change from my usual style of cooking. For dessert we had homemade lemon cinnamon scones with a little simple glaze and with some Earth Balance spread. Also really good.

Breakfast: sauteed tofu with breakfast scrambler seasoning, asparagus and sundried tomato and a scone with Earth Balance.

Snack: raisins.

Upcoming lunch: samosas with chutney.

Upcoming snack: more beety salad.

Planned dinner: I'm marinating tempeh in Stubb's BBQ sauce that I plan to grill up on my grill pan. For sides I want to make some healthy-ish vegan mac and cheese with broccoli or green beans or something green thrown in and grilled corn with chipotle sour cream sauce. I'm not sure what an appropriate dessert would be with that, maybe some grilled fruit.

No comments: