Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Too many sweets

Nick said he noticed a change in the way my body looks and it made me feel really good for someone to recognize it. I remember when one girl at work lost ten pounds and everyone was complimenting her, but no one (at work or elsewhere) has noticed that I've been working hard at getting my body where I want it to be and making small successes. I feel silly because I don't need other people's validation, but it would be nice to at least have the results of my efforts be recognized.

I went spinning last night and today during lunch. The spin instructor today pointed out that people shouldn't be doing high intensity exercise all the time. Medium intensity exercise most of the time and high some of the time is key to changing your body and losing weight. The only problem with that is my medium intensity spinning class was so much more boring. We did the same cadence with the same heart rate the entire time. The music was boring too. I think I just need to be more active normally, with spontaneous exercise, to count as my not-high intensity exercise.

Food log:

Snack yesterday: I had one and a half of my choco chip cookies from VwaV (Vegan with a Vengeance). I meant to eat half at first, then I ate an entire one. Then I gave one to a co-worker who didn't like it (I think it was the molasses, she said it tasted salty), so I finished her's. I felt really guilty and bad about it. I didn't even have a good sabotaging thought to justify it to myself. I just wanted to eat it and I ate it. But I didn't even enjoy it that much since I knew I was doing something I didn't want to be doing. Spinning class and a good, healthy dinner made me feel better.

Dinner last night: a pretty good copy-cat of the "No Name" from Grasshopper vegan restaurant in the Boston area. Nick made it with Chinatown fake meat store chicken medallions and parsnips and broccoli in a tangy sauce made with tamarind and a bunch of other stuff. On the side there was a simple salad of cukes, toms and scallions with a bit of Bragg's. For dessert I had an ice cream sandwich and a mini carrot cupcake.

Breakfast: multi-grain bagel with Tofutti cream cheese mixed up at home with sundried toms, basil and garlic and a cup of tea.

Lunch: (look! no snack!) leftover samosas from last week (still good), steamed broccoli with rice vinegar and Bragg's and parsnip fries with Polish ketchup from my neighborhood. Parsnips are totally my new favorite veggie. They make great oven baked fries. For a dessert I had a mini carrot cupcake. When I say mini, I mean that one fits in my little Tupperware salad dressing container. They're perfect tiny desserts. I was still hungry after eating all that, probably from my pre-lunch spinning class, so I had my snack of blackberries as an additional dessert.

Snack coming up: half of an Odwalla superfood bar from last week.

Dinner coming up: plans still in the works. I promise pictures tonight!

In other exciting veggie news, a vegetarian diner is opening up a block and a half from my house!

1 comment:

Beans said...

re: exercise - are you doing much resistance work? I am trying to do more of that and am finding the slight aches the next day actually a bit pleasant. that might help with the boredom of medium spinning

momomomo