Thursday, May 17, 2007

Doing good! Good food!

I've been exercising a lot and it's making me feel really good. Right now I'm a bit sore from an intense cardio kickboxing class yesterday, but a good feeling sore. I think I will do spinning tonight to loosen up (I read in the Times exercising when sore is generally okay as long as you aren't actually hurt). Then I'll take it easy this weekend with the usual walking around on errands, maybe a few easy bike rides, and cleaning. I've been sleeping really well because of all the exercise. I've actually not been able to get to bed before 11 all this week, and I usually get up around 6, but I've been sleeping so heavily that I feel generally okay the next day. I hope I can keep this up every week because I feel good about it and I feel accomplished when I exercise as much as I want to and plan to.

I weighed myself yesterday and my weight is still going down. It's hard to tell how much I'm actually losing because sometimes I weight myself with a friend at work in clothes but no shoes and sometimes I weigh myself at the gym in a towel but a belly full of water from exercising. No matter what my weight actually is, I'm slimming down in a healthy way and it's good.

Food log:

Dinner Wednesday: (pictured below) tempeh marinated in Stubbs bbq sauce and grilled on the cast iron grill pan, roasted corn with chipotle sour cream/mayo sauce and vegan parm, green beans (too oily, oh well), and really delicious homemade low-fat dairy-free mac and cheese from a recipe online but I forget from where...

Dessert Wednesday: (pictured below) ice cream cone shaped cookies with tops iced with pink confectioner's sugar icing or chocolate. I had just one with chocolate, very yummy.

Breakfast yesterday: scone with Smart Balance Light, apple, vanilla soy protein shake with rice milk.

Snack yesterday: tamari roasted almonds, my new favorite thing.

Lunch yesterday: (pictured below) too oily green beans (look at that sheen!), roasted corn mixed up with some chipotle sour cream/mayo sauce and mac and cheese. Well balanced and good, but low on the protein.

Dinner yesterday: (pictured below) at first I was really unmotivated about dinner, then I got overly motivated. Clockwise from the top: roasted corn with chipotle sauce and fake parm; mushrooms marinated in red wine vinegar and a bit of Braggs with cilantro and red onions; tomatoes and cukes with a bit of sea salt; refried beans and guac with homemade baked corn chips; taco with refried beans, Light Life steak strips, salsa verde, jalapeƱos and nutritional yeast on a sprouted grain tortilla sauteed up in a non-stick with a bit of cooking spray.

Breakfast today: sauteed Gimme Lean sausage with onions, sundried tomatoes and beet greens, blackberries and earl grey tea with rice milk and splenda. I usually have my tea with nothing in it and this was a nice change.

Lunch: (pictured below) marinated mushrooms, cucumbers and tomato salad; too oily green beans (trying to get rid of them), baked breaded tofu with corn meal, whole wheat flour, kelp granules and various spices cut in cute diamonds with a avocado mayo minced cornichon dipping sauce.

Snack: (pictured above), tamari almonds and raisins and an Odwalla superfood bar. I decided not to bring the apple.

I need a soy free dinner. So much soy today! Maybe I'll think of something good to do with the rest of those refried beans I opened yesterday. I love refried beans but they aren't very good alone.

People at work have been noticing that I eat more healthfully than most other people here and a few even compliment me on it!

No comments: