Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I forgot to bring my ipod to work today, so my post-work gym workout plans are dashed. I was going to do a treadmill for 15 minutes and an elliptical for 30. I really don't think I can manage that without music. I'm hoping that it won't rain and I can make it home, retain my motivation, and go for a jog at the track near my house. It won't be as long of a workout as it was going to be, but my goal for the night was to get better at my jogging so at least I'll still be working on that.

Food log:

Dinner last night: the hemp tortillas I bought were accidentally wheat free and totally gross. So I just threw the grilled veggies, pepper and onions, on top of a giant salad of farm lettuces and greens, red onions, raw zucchini, home-marinated mushrooms, avocado, green olives and probably other things I forget. It was an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink salad and really good. For dessert I had 1/6 of dark chocolate bar with almonds and cherries and one Back to Nature sandwich cookie.

This:

Turned into this:

Breakfast: whole wheat bagel from the firm-wide monthly breakfast, half with earth balance mixed with dried herbs and half with chunky peanut butter, and tons of fruit- blueberries, strawberries and cherries.

Lunch: sandwich with grain cold-cuts, Vegannaise, mustard, grilled onions and grilled Boston lettuce on a whole wheat hamburger bun and a salad of farm greens and fresh peas with Amy's Goddess Dressing.

Snack: apricot, banana, baby carrots and a small amount of quinoa and black beans with peppers, zucchini and jalapeƱo.

Dinner: I'm thinking personal pizzas with these crusts: http://www.rusticcrust.com/readymade.htm and roasted tomatoes in a can, swiss chard, whatever else I think will go with it. I've eaten a lot of starches today and this won't even be whole grain, but I need an easy dinner.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Thats good you are sticking with your working out, I know I cannot stay on the elliptical for more than a minute without my music. The salad looks great.