Thursday, June 21, 2007

I'm plateauing. This is partially a good thing, because it means that my body is close to the weight it wants to be. But this also means that from now on I'll be losing the extra tiny bit at an extremely low rate. I think I've lost a half of a pound in two weeks, and even that half could just be hormonal weight changes or something. I think I can lose a little more weight, but it means I need to be more strict with myself, keep up the exercise, and be patient. I could stand to stop having slip ups in the diet plan on the weekends. I want to see if my gym does a body fat analysis so I can try to determine how close I am to an ideal body weight.

I wonder about how strict I'll need to continue being once I get to my ideal weight. I know I want to eat very healthy for the rest of my life, but does that mean also eating smaller amounts and having no slip-ups for the rest of my life?

I took some good food pics last night but forgot to upload them to my computer before I headed to work this morning. Coming soon.

Food log:

Breakfast yesterday: half of a whole wheat bagel with Earth Balance marg and pizza seasoning herb and spice blend and soy yogurt with molasses and wheat germ.

Snack: a grapefruit.

Lunch: quinoa and beans with soy sour cream and a little salad of arugula and pea tendrils, and a low-fat whole wheat double chocolate chip muffin for dessert.

Snack: steamed broccoli with adobo and a drizzle of olive oil, other half of a bagel with Earth Balance and pizza seasoning, and half of a freezer bean and rice burrito.

Evening: split two beers with Nick, so maybe about one beer.

Late evening snack: while cooking I had some bites of pasta with a coconut-peanut-curry sauce and a little apple fritter Nick made.

Breakfast today: apple fritters and two tofu mini quiches.

Snack: green apple.

Lunch: whole wheat angel hair with kale and a coconut-peanut-curry sauce. It was a little too rich but I don't know how to make creamy sauces like this a bit lighter. Light coconut milk? A mix of low-fat soy milk and coconut milk? And some asparagus roasted with sesame seeds, shozu, balsamic vinegar and agave nectar.

Snack: canned corn with adobo and fresh ground pepper, grapefruit, and a double choco muffin.

Dinner: plans for nacho night with Nick. They will have some whole grain healthy-looking chips, refried beans, nutritional yeast cheesey sauce, jalapenos, guac, peach mango salsa, soy sour cream and cilantro. Flan would be a perfect dessert but I don't know if it could be thrown together in time since this all happens post-gallery opening Thursdays in Chelsea. But it'll be a great meal regardless.

No comments: