Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I'm getting to the re-reading of sections of the BDS book that I know I didn't really focus on when I went over them the first time. Because of this, I'm going to try to really make a special effort in reading them carefully and doing what they say. I know my motivation has been dwindling and I'm trying to figure out how to get it back up to where it was when I started.

I went to the gym last night and did an elliptical for a while and that felt good. But I didn't sleep as heavily as I wished I would and I woke up feeling tired and grumpy. I think spinning tonight and getting back to exercising regularly will hope with these things. At least I really hope they will.

Food has been good though. I've been eating well and eating good amounts. With the exception of this new passion of Nick's:
Almost oreos recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/80114. They are good. They are probably somewhat healthier than Oreos or their vegan, all natural counterparts, but not by a ton. And I ate four of them on Monday. At least after that they were gone for a few days, until Nick made more last night. I only brought two for myself to work, and smaller shapes than the USA cookies, small rockets this time. Hopefully I can maintain some more control around them.

Food log:

Dinner Monday: half of a sandwich from a cafe that was avocado, sprouts, radishes, cukes and tempeh on multigrain and half of Larabar Jocalot bar.
Breakfast yesterday: two tofu quiches and oat bran with flax, wheat germ and molasses.

Snack yesterday: a mango.

Lunch: Lightlife steak strips, frozen spinach, tofu feta and hot sauce on a sprouted grain tortilla.

Snack: veggie burger with lettuce, a bit of avocado, cukes, jalapenos, mustard and mayo with no bun.

Dinner last night: Nick made savory pancakes with lots of eggplant, garbanzo flour, and other things then roasted them up with sliced tomato and a basil tofu sauce. On the side he made a salad with mixed greens, cukes, walnuts, grapefruit and balsamic and olive oil. It was very delicious and hit the spot for a hearty but very healthy meal.

Here it is fresh out of the oven:
Plated and half eaten:
Dessert: blackberry sorbet with a chocolate cookie on top.

Breakfast today: tofu quiches and oat bran, again, but good!

Snack: nectarine. Who would bother with peaches when nectarines exist?

Lunch: leftover eggplant pancakes and a salad with mixed greens, steamed broccoli, green onions, cukes, tofu feta and sunflower seeds with a dressing made with balsamic, Bragg's and maple syrup, two cookies for dessert.

Snack: Odwalla superfood bar and maybe some shelled peanuts.

Dinner: quinoa and beans with some veggies or some sort.

Finally, since Brisco has been getting all the blog attention, a fine picture of Bowler showing off his belly, which he is very good at doing.

2 comments:

Casey Lewis said...

Love the blog, it's just so inspiring to see such delicious healthy food! I have always thought about going vegan to improve my health, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready to go all of the way.

I'm curious - about how much weight do you think you've lost since beginning? I'm interested in the Beck Diet now. I don't have much to lose (5, maybe 10 pounds), but it seems like you have mastered eating healthy without deprivation.

Cheers!

KB said...

teenfashionista-

I've lost about 8 pounds so far, which is only 4 pounds away from my goal weight. I think we are in a similar boat of only needing to lose a small amount, but it's always that last 5-10 pounds of extra weight that is the most difficult to lose. The BDS has really helped me controlling small things that help keep me at a more ideal weight. I really recommend it!