Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I forgot to bring my book with my to read on the subway again today. But, on the bright side, I'm still going day to day using the skills I've learned from the book thus far. I'm exercising a good amount, and not pushing myself too much or too little, and I'm eating well. So not all is lost, but there is definite room for improvement. It's a good spot to be in actually. I have made progress, but I want to keep going in the same direction and get better. I just need to find a way to use this frame of thinking to apply to the rest of my life so I can get myself moving in other areas, intellectual, professional, social, etc.

Tonight I want to try to write up a few response cards I know I could use but I've been putting off making. Tomorrow my goal will be to bring the book on the subway and read a day on the way to work.

Food log:

Dinner last night: Nick brought leftovers from his work, which is always catered. It was sesame tofu with kale, to which I added a lot of sriracha hot sauce. It was really good, even cold, but greasey. Despite the grease, it really hit the spot for a night where I just felt like sitting on the couch and getting take out.

Dessert: blackberry sorbet and two Back to Nature sandwich cremes.

Breakfast today: an entire whole wheat bagel, half with hummus and sprouts and half with mushed up avocado, handful of grapes on the side.

Lunch: leftover sesame tofu with kale and grilled zucchini and yellow peppers I made last night. I think I'm finally getting the hang of my cast iron grill pan. Nice results with the veggies. Blueberries for dessert.

Snack: I brought pasta salad yesterday for a snack and didn't eat it (nice!), enjoyed my dinner more because I was hungrier for it, and I left it in the fridge at work for a snack today.

Dinner: depending on my motivation when I get home from spinning, I'm thinking of whipping up a quick tomato sauce for some vegan ravioli I got from a natural foods store in my neighborhood and trying to convince Nick to work on some tempeh stuffed mushrooms for a side/protein.

Dessert: I'm sure more cookies. They were on sale, so I bought another box. They are the only store brand cookies I feel are worth buying right now.

1 comment:

Beans said...

mmmmmm potato chips in potato salad

on the Kool-Aid pickle article, a kid referred to hot Cheetos in ice cream. also sounded good. and vegan possibly