Monday, June 11, 2007

I keep leaving my BDS book at home when I go to work instead of reading it on the subway. I am really slacking with this and I know it. I don't know how to buck up and get back to the level of motivation I was at when I first started. But while I'm not motivated about the BDS as much, I am still doing a good job of eating well and exercising.

I was fairly good with eating on Friday night and Sunday, for weekend eating, but Saturday I was a major pig. I made really good chocolate chip cookies for a barbecue and ate too many of them. Nick made good potato salad and I discovered the delicious combination of dipping potato chips into potato salad. But after a bad Saturday, I was back on track on Sunday. For Sunday brunch I went to the new vegetarian diner in my neighorhood. They are still working out a lot of kinks. The "cook" cut carrots slower than I don't even know what. She cut them at about half my speed when I'm really tired and out of it. But other than that, the recipes were good and the intentions were good.

Nick got: tofu scramble made with Mori-Nu aseptic tofu made on a hot plate... a little weird, but the flavoring was good, and a salad on the side.
I had avocado and spinach tacos that could have used some more spinach, but were good nonetheless. I also had very good coffee on the side.

Food log:

Breakfast yesterday: sprouted grain english muffin with hummus and sprouts and half of a grape fruit.

Snack: tamari almonds.

Lunch: potato salad with lentils thrown on top; pasta salad with brown rice pasta, beans, tomatoes, green peppers, parsley and Veganaisse; pea tendrils with some balsamic; slice of rhubarb pie for dessert.

Snack: half of a grapefruit and Larabar Jocalat in orange chocolate flavor.

Dinner: yum. Seitan po' boy made by making a batter out of water, chickpea flour and mustard, dipping seitan in that, then dredging it in a mix of whole wheat flour, nutritional yeast, corn starch, adobo, paprika, pepper and a dash of cayenne and frying up in canola oil, on a whole wheat baguette (a bit too heavy for the sandwich) with lettuce, cukes, tomatoes, jalapenos and a sauce made from Veganaisse and buffalo sauce. The salad is arugula, apples and sprouts. Dessert was a few sips of Nick's Jones Soda in some wierd blueberry flavor.

Breakfast today: half of a whole wheat bagel with hummus and sprouts, soy protein shake made with rice milk and fruit salad with apples and ruby red grapefruit.

Snack: I'm still working on the fruit salad. If I finish it and I'm hungry before lunchtime gym trip, I brought some tamari almonds.

Lunch: leftover seitan and a salad with mixed greens, arugula, granny smith apple, sprouts and radishes with a dressing of balsamic and maple syrup.

Snack: pasta salad.

Dinner: no ideas yet! It's too early in the day. Something quick that I can eat while watching Lawrence of Arabia.

No comments: