Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I set an ultimate goal for myself. I want to be at a steady and ideal weight by my high school reunion around Thanksgiving. This means I want to be at my goal by October 1st, then be able to maintain that for the next two months, and then from then on of course. That means I have three months to lose 4-5 pounds. I know it's a silly goal, but it's a solid goal and it's good for the motivation.

I haven't been reading the BDS every morning for a while now, but I am making an effort to really think about BDS strategies/tools more throughout the day and reading my advantages response card. I'm almost near the end of the book, then after that I'm going to go back and re-read the sections I dog-eared throughout the book with the intention of going back over them.

Food pics backlog:

Tofu scramble with Tofutti American slices, avocado, Tofuttia Sour Supreme and hot sauce on a whole wheat hamburger bun with homefries.
The full breakfast spread including water, early grey tea with Splenda and soy milk, carbonated pink grapefruit juice, yummy Polish ketchup, and a giant salad with local farm greens and lettuces and roasted eggplant.
Another day, another scramble, with half of a sprouted bagel with Earth Balance and a side salad.
Whole wheat angel hair with kale and a sauce made out of coconut milk, peanut butter, curry, rice wine vinegar and other things. Almost a bit too rich, but very yummy.
Nachos! My new favorite brand of tortilla chips (my new favorite brand of anything really) "Food Should Taste Good" in both their multi-grain style and their jalapeno style with a nutritional yeast cheese sauce, black beans, mango salsa, jalapenos, Toffuti Sour Supreme and guacamole. So good.
Cherrybrook Kitchen brownie mix in a box with Butterscotch pudding made with half the amount of soy milk put on top of batter prior to baking.
Apple fritters based on the corn fritters recipe in Vegan with a Vengeance, made with whole wheat flour and some cinnamon.

Bluberry muffins based on both the VwaV cherry almond recipe and this discussion on the PPK http://www.postpunkkitchen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28632. They were good but could have been better with some whole wheat flour to give them more heartiness.

Food log:

I can't remember a lot of what I ate yesterday, which is weird because I'm usually good at remembering my foods. So I'm just going to start with today.

Breakfast: two flax multigrain waffles with Soy Garden buttery spread and maple syrup and leftover tofu scramble from the weekend.

Snack: raspberries.

Lunch: quinoa and black beans with salsa, jalapenos and a mixture of Sour Supreme, cilantro and fresh cracked pepper with a salad of farm lettuce, apples, cukes, shredded carrots and lemon-soy sauce-olive oil dressing, and a muffin for dessert.

Snack: some thick hearty multigrain crackers with black bean spread.

Dinner: a big salad and veggie fajitas on hemp tortillas. This is going to be a really healthy meal while watching the television premiere event of the season, Shaq's Big Challenge. For a healthy dessert I think I'll have a piece of a bar of dark chocolate with almonds and dried cherries.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I really like your blog! I made Amy's blueberry muffins too with whole wheat flour - they were pretty good and I think with ww pastry flour they'll be even better :-)

Kelly said...

It was nice to read your blog. I have read a lot about being vegan, and so I really like seeing what you eat.

KB said...

nicole-

With our two muffin making powers combined, we'd make a perfect muffin! These will be experimented with more in the near future.