Monday, June 18, 2007

I am bad at the BDS on the weekends. Part of the problem is that I only read the book during the week, so it's not as fresh in my mind when I'm situations where bad eating habits are easily triggered. My eating is also not on the strict schedule it is while I'm at work. This weekend I went to Boston and back in a day. I ate pretty okay considering I was out of my home eating situation and going to a high school graduation party. At the party I ate one curried mango-tempeh sandwich I brought and about four cookies I made. So I ate less healthily than usualy, but not all that bad. I went out to eat with friends and got a flat bread with whole wheat dough and lots of veggies. It was probably more than I usual eat and greasier than I usually eat, but again pretty okay. Then yesterday, back in New York, I think I was a little overly confidant in my eating self-control abilities from my success the day before. I went out to breakfast and had a breakfast burrito, pretty healthy. But then I went home and made a bunch of cookies for kickball, ate my fair share, and bought some chips and salsa for kickball, eating more than my fair share. The plus side is that I also was very active this weekend. I biked a lot both days and I did some sprinting at kickball last night.

The section of the BDS I read today is about eating out. The challenge is to go out to eat and feel like you've made the right decisions afterwards. I'm looking forward to accomplishing good eating out skills. I think it'll help me with my weekend binging.

Food log:

Breakfast: two mini tofu quiches with broccoli, half of a pumperknickle bagel with hummus and a nectarine.

Lunch: quinoa and beans, salad and three Back to Nature cookies.

Snack: tamari almonds, lightly sauteed bok choy with some miso for flavoring and a fresh apricot.

Dinner: peanut butter and apricot spread on a sprouted grain english muffin eaten at a lecture tonight.

I need to focus on eating more veggies at each meal. I go up and down with this a lot. I want to keep the veggie intake high and steady.

No comments: