Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I read the section of the BDS today about deciding what to do about drinking since alcohol has so many calories. This is something I definitely need to reflect on since I'm a young person in a social world that admittedly has a lot of drinking. It's not that I drink a lot, but drinking is often part of social activities. I need to figure out how I want to approach drinking and dieting at the same time.

Last night I packed myself a little pb & j to eat a lecture for dinner in the evening. I got hungry at work around 5:30 and decided to eat it then. Somehow I managed to pull through and not be too hungry by the time I got home at 10 and I didn't eat anything extra. I should have had the strength to put off eating the sandwich, but I'm proud of myself for eating within my planned food even with some scheduling changes.

I was out of the house at 6:15 this morning to go to a total body conditioning class at the gym and I have a spot reserved for spinning tonight! I'll be proud of myself if I do both today, but it is exactly behavior like this that worries me that I'll crash someday. If I didn't have a job, 2 gym classes a day would be reasonable, but that on top of a full work day can be a lot. At least I know I'll be sleeping heavy tonight if I do make it to spinning.

Food log:

Breakfast #1: on the train on the way to the gym, two tofu mini quiches with broccoli. I didn't want to get wiped from working out on an empty stomach. I know some people can do it, but I'm not good at it.

Breakfast #2: pumpernickel bagel with Earth Balance and half of a pink grapefruit.

Snack: tamari almonds.

Lunch: not dogs and baked beans and a salad with mixed greens and fresh peas topped with a simple balsamic-Braggs-agave dressing. Three Back to Nature cookies for dessert.

Snack: steamed broccoli topped with some adobo and a bit of olive oil.

Dinner: (planned) splitting a burrito with Nick as healthy as possible (i.e. brown rice, whole wheat tortilla, etc.) and a salad.

Dessert: I want to make these http://havecakewilltravel.com/2007/05/24/low-fat-double-chocolate-muffins/ They look really yummy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm, tamari almonds! that must be mighty tasty to have.
I hate that alcohol contains so many calories too. guess it's a good way to be a tea-totaler, but I admit it can be a bit of a bummer at times.

Anonymous said...

ps: I really like the layout and colors of your blog!

Kate said...

I love your blog and reading about what you eat. I have never heard of the BDS but it sounds very interesting.