Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I went to 7am spinning this morning but I was so exhausted and sleepy that I didn't get a great workout. But I figure it's better than I worked out at all and got my heart pumping a bit before I went to work to sit on my butt for ten hours. I'm noticing a definite change in my body, specifically my legs. I'm starting to look athletic. The problem is that I'm also not losing weight. I know I could be stricter with my eating, but I also feel like I just gain muscle too easily and muscle weighs a lot. I want to get a body fat test done and see how I'm really doing, because I just don't trust the scale anymore.

Food log:

Dinner last night: stroganoff with whole wheat pasta, seitan, portobellos, extra peas and non-hydrog Tofutti sour cream from Vegan with a Vengeance.
Dessert: a small piece of dark chocolate with almonds and cherries and half of the super healthy corn muffins I made (fake sugar, whole wheat flour, half oil/half apple sauce).

Breakfast #1: local nectarine on the subway ride to the gym.

Breakfast #2: two corn muffins (they are pretty small) with Soy Garden butteriness, two little local plums, soy protein shake with chocolate rice milk, and coffee with Silk Creamer.

Lunch: leftover stroganoff. I can't wait. With some pressure cooked local beets on the side. Look at the size of that beet!

Snack: wasa crackers with edamame hummus, local corn, local tomato.

Dinner: quinoa salad I made last night with broccoli, local grape tomatoes, local fresh basil, garlic, baked tofu, Vegannaise and lemon juice. A complete meal in one bowl.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Spinning class sounds pretty fun. Woah that beet is HUGE!!

Rachel said...

I feel your pain - this is my 3rd week of spinning class, and I have yet to lost an OUNCE. I'm not kidding. Not one single, solitary ounce. I'm going twice a week at 5:15 am before work (at 7). Yikes. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.