Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I did a 7 am spinning class this morning and I am pretty proud of myself. It was really hard to get out of bed, but I did it, and I got to class on time. On some sort of sleepy whim, I decided to take the spot directly in front of the spin instructor in the classroom. This ended up being great. I really pushed myself with her right there in front of me. I want to make a point of doing this morning often. I felt really good afterwards. Two spinning classes by Tuesday and I'm really into it. I just hope I can keep up this energy for long periods of time... that and maintain a social life on top of exercising, eating well, and everything else I need to do.

Food log:

Dinner last night: multigrain pizza crust with tomato sauce, garlic-y sauteed mushrooms, green peppers, green olives, Yves brand veggie pepperoni (sparingly, a little weird tasting) and a slice yellow tomato. I must admit I ate more than I needed of this. But I also made sugar-free cinnamon chocolate pudding that wasn't set before bedtime so I had no dessert to make up for it.

Breakfast #1: before spinning, I had about 2/3rds of a banana nut Odwalla bar so I wouldn't get too famished and weak during class.

Breakfast #2: really good strawberries and a few pieces of olive toast with my new favorite spread on it, accidentally local too! Picture not mine.
Lunch: two leftover slices of pizza.

Snack: red tomato, yellow pepper, white onion and green olive salad without lettuce and dressing and pudding I made last night.

I've also been snacking throughout the day on little bites of dried goji berries and these little carob banana spirulina energy chunk things (I really can't describe them) that they sell at my local natural food market. Both yummy and un-scientifically proven healthy.

Potential dinner: I'm thinking a simple stir fry of tofu and broccoli while having a picnic outside (weather providing). I'm trying to think of a super easy and quick grain to go with it, but nothing is striking me. Maybe quinoa? But it's pretty calorie dense, in addition to nutritionally dense.

1 comment:

east side bride said...

you are making me hungry :/