Monday, August 13, 2007

I ate too much this past weekend. I always eat too much on the weekends. But I love food so much that I like cooking a lot and eating with friends. I should at least start exercising more on the weekends. I got lots of good things at the farmer's market that I'm looking forward to enjoying all week.

Food log:

Breakfast: a few small slices of olive toast (bread from farmer's market) with sundried tomato basil tofu spread, a nectarine and two fresh apricots.

Lunch: homemade chili over quinoa and a homemade twinkie. The twinkie is marginally healthier by having half whole wheat pastry flour and no hydrogenated oils.

Snack: sauteed collards with basil.

Snack/early dinner: salad with mesclun mix (farmer's market) and a bunch of random veggies that Nick took home from catering on a job this weekend.

Small dinner in evening: probably a tempeh lettuce and tomato sandwich on whole wheat pita (from farmer's market). Hopefully I will be able to resist more twinkies.

No comments: