Monday, August 20, 2007

I have not been excited enough about my vegetables recently. I want to really enjoy veggies so it'll be easy to have my meals focused on them. I think I just need some new tricks in the kitchen to get me excited again, but I don't know what those tricks would be.

I'm going to start taking bikram (hot) yoga once I get my first paycheck at my new job (i.e. once I have money for it). I'm really excited about it. I think it will make me feel really good about my body.

Food log:

Breakfast: four pieces of small whole wheat sesame toast sandwiched with homemade nutritional yeasty cheese spread and heirloom tomatoes, extra heirloom toms on the side with basil, salt and a bit of olive oil, and two little plums.

Snack: wasa cracker with edamame hummus.

Lunch: stir fry with eggplant, cabbage, carrots, onions, collards and fake chicken over quinoa and a salad of romaine, arugula, carrots, raw beets, tomatoes and cukes- everything except that carrots, fake chicken and quinoa was local! My co-worker saw a vegan cookie at a health food store near work and got it for me as a present. It was a really nice gesture, but full of calories. I ate half the cookie and that was 240 calories! I justified this with a spinning class and potentially smaller snacks later on.

Snack: another cracker with edamame hummus and/or strawberry soy yogurt.

Dinner: I'm thinking about making the seitan portobello stroganoff from Vegan with a Vengeance. I think if I use whole wheat pasta and extra peas it will be fairly healthy.

I'm also going to try to make up some pasta salad or quinoa salad or something to eat tomorrow night while picnicing and watching Purple Rain on the big screen in an empty pool near my house (weather providing). I want to make one dish that can be eaten cold and is a well-balanced meal.

No comments: