Tuesday, April 24, 2007

BDS days 6, 7, maybe 8, more cupcakes

I don't know what happened to the days. I opened up my BDS book this morning to the bookmark and it was at day 8. I don't know how I smushed so many days into one. Perfectly timed, day 8 is about time management. So tonight I'm going to spend some time going back through all the days and writing in the book where I was supposed to and making sure I've made all the response cards I need and see if there is anything I rushed too much and need to make sure to focus on. I might spend an extra day here making sure I've gone through everything I was supposed to and make sure that I can keep on the diet in a timely way.

Yesterday I really savored being hungry. I was starving for dinner, but I knew that meant it would taste that much better. So I really spent time making something healthful and delicious, and it was totally worth it. A total BDS moment.

I made my roommate cupcakes for his birthday that I missed while I was in Egypt. They were banana cake with a peanutbutter buttercream filling topped with chocolate ganache, half a cherry in the center, some walnuts sprinkled around, and a little squiggly piping of peanut butter buttercream frosting around the edge. I didn't eat a single one. Even more amazing is that I didn't stick my finger in the batter, frosting, ganache or taste anything while I was making it. But I am still confident that they were good since my roommate at 2 1/2 of them by the time I woke up this morning.

Food log:

Yesterday breakfast: another tempeh sandwich. It was a little too salty and I have since decided it is probably a good idea to cut back on the salt somewhat. I really like the taste of food and sometimes I feel salt gets in the way.

Lunch: napa cabbage salad with tomatoes, scallions, cukes and a little bit of Annie's goddess dressing; leftover taco filling with tvp, tofu and refried beans; apple slices with peanut butter.

Snack: sauteed baby bok choy with onions.

Dinner: soy cheese and LightLife chicken strip quesadilla on a realllly good sprouted grain tortilla with homemade salsa, avocado and pickled jalapeƱos cooked inside it with a salad of leftover iceberg from taco night and homemade salsa and soy sour cream. This was a really good meal.

Dessert: a orange chocolate vegan cupcake made last weekend. I ate so well all day that I felt I deserved to treat myself at the end of the day. It was good.

Today breakfast: another tempeh sandwich. This time there was some of that iceberg thrown in for a nice crunch, but it was lacking a little bit. I think tempeh has a perfect breakfast texture, but I need to expand my repertoire of uses for it as a breakfast item.

Waiting for me: Napa cabbage salad with fake chicken strips, cilantro, pickled jalapeƱos, and leftover homemade salsa for dressing; chickpea salad with fresh tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, scallions, parsley, tahini and lemon; steamed broccoli with lemon; and orange slices.

I think for dinner I'll make something with those tortillas again since they were sooo good. Maybe I'll make something beany so I'm not so soy dependent. There are rumors too much soy is bad. I don't know if I totally believe it or that I'm eating that much, since I probably eat as much as some traditional cultures, but too much of any one type of food isn't good.

This week I will figure out how to get pictures on here and start posting food pics too.


No comments: