Thursday, April 19, 2007

BDS day 2 and 3, Vegan night off

I've decided to do day 2 and 3 of the Beck Diet Solution in one day, because it seems doable and so I can catch up with my mom's schedule on the BDS. Day 2 task is picking a diet, which I already had set on healthy veganism. Day 3 is to eat sitting down, which is kind of a freebie since I eat 2 meals and all snacks of the day sitting at my desk. But the real trick here will be to try not to snack while cooking. This was a real struggle this morning making my food for the day, but someone I managed and I was really proud of myself. I put up some post-its above the stove saying "DON'T SNACK WHILE COOKING!!" and "EAT SITTING DOWN!" just to remind myself. I only hope my roommate doesn't get bothered or confused by them and take them down.

I want to work on letting people know that I'm trying to diet and change my eating habit and I need their support as much as my good friends always tell me I shouldn't worry about my weight and eating. I don't know if this is a task part of the BDS yet, but I'm going to start working on it now. I think this will help especially when my friend and I are deciding where to go out to eat.

Food log:

Snack yesterday: I ate the orange I had left for a snack at work and it was surprisingly satisfying.

Dinner yesterday: breaded and baked eggplant slices with brown rice pasta and spicy tomato sauce.

Dessert yesterday: half a Clif Bar. This was also significantly more satisfying than I expected it to be. I also successfully warded off the craving to eat a chocolate biscuit for dessert instead.

Breakfast: another delicious tempeh and veggie sandwich in half of a whole wheat pita pocket.

Snack: curry roasted cauliflower and some trail mix.

I brought for the rest of the day: another meatless bologna sandwich with soy cheese and gherkins in a half of a whole wheat pita, steamed broccoli with lemon, asian inspired cole slaw with green cabbage, scallions, soy sauce, rice vinegar and a bit of olive oil.

Dinner tonight: tonight I'm splurging a bit. I promised my friend we would go out for les moules et frites (mussels and fries) at this restaurant he's been wanting to try before I became vegan. I decided to eat primarily vegan prematurely, but I also decided to stay good on my word. My big goal is to try to stick to really healthy eating before and after my one indulgent meal out. That will be hard with my old friend from home in town this weekend, but I will tell her about my diet and ask her for her support.

No comments: