Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thinking about food

So since I started reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" I've been trying to be more conscious of what I'm eating. I'm really trying to enjoy the complex tastes of all my foods and the time and care that goes into making them. This is good because this sort of automatically means that I'm cooking and eating healthier and eating less. I think when I'm done with it I'm going to do another go-over of the BDS book and remind myself of all the things I learned in it with the additional perspective of this new book.

Food log:

Breakfast yesterday: half of an everything bagel with veggie cream cheese, arugula, tomato, cuke and red onion and a banana.

Snack: four leftover falafel balls with cuke-dill-yogurt sauce, hummus and hot sauce.

Lunch: other half of bagel sandwich and a salad of raw baby zukes, cukes, radishes, red onion, adobo seasoning and fresh pepper.

Dinner: breaded and baked buffalo tofu, breaded and baked okra, twice baked potatoes with non-hydrog Tofutti sour cream and chives. This was a really comforting and really yummy dinner. I have a picture on my camera of it that I will upload soon.

Dessert: peanut butter cream cheese brownies from this blog: www.cozyinside.blogspot.com not the mostly healthy things ever, but maybe the most delicious things ever.

Breakfast today: half of everything bagel with tofu cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and red onion and half of a grapefruit.

Snack: other half of grapefruit.

Lunch: leftovers from dinner last night and some brownie with vanilla almond milk.

Snack: Larabar and a banana

Dinner: I'll be getting home later so I think I'm going to have a leftover twice baked potato and sautee up whatever veggies I have on hand for a quick and healthy dinner while making cupcakes for work tomorrow.

No comments: