Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I've started reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver and its' getting be back into focusing on my food and really enjoy and appreciate what I'm eating. I think this will help me get back into a BDS state of mind. If I love my food more, I'll eat healthier and less of it, like the French and Italians.

Some recent food pics:

A pretty salad Nick made for me with mixed greens, blueberries and homemade spicy candied walnuts (plus a shot of the apple bran muffins he made in the top left corner).

Fajitas with (I think) grilled onions, zucchini and kohlrabi and avocado, salsa, Tofutti sour cream on a low carb wrap.
Bowl with brown rice mixed with salsa verde, refried beans mixed with hot tomato salsa, melted FYH jack, Tofutti sour cream and avocado. Yummy and simple. All leftovers.
Dinner last night was homemade (from a box) falafel with mixed greens and radish salad, yogurt dill cucumber sauce, tomatoes and red onions, chopped up cornichon, baba ghanoush and low carb wraps. Really yummy and complete one dish meal.

Food log:

Breakfast: leftover pasta with sundried toms, tempeh, Soy Garden and veggie parm and a grapefruit.

Late morning snack: odwalla bar.

Lunch: leftover falafel fixings minus the low carb tortilla. I'm just going to eat it as a salad.

Dinner: picnic while watching the NY Philharmonic as Prospect Park. I think I'll get some take-out burritos for me and Nick.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Enjoyed your post. I'd like to invite you to link it to the Animal, Vegetable, Miracle blogpost roundup.

KB said...

Suzanne,

I tried to click on the link but it didn't work. But I'm definitely interested in being part of the blogpost roundup!

KB

Ander said...

That's all fine, but I sure wouldn't go around recommending this book in general. Kingsolver devotes a whole chapter to the joys of meat-eating, and attempts to debunk what she calls "myths" about vegetarianism. Oh, and you can treat yourself to vivid descriptions of how she butchers and cleans her food animals.

I'll take my food non-bloody, please.